Friday, March 27, 2009

My Road to Orthopaedic Surgery

I want to spend some time discussing my approach to pursuing orthopaedic surgery. I will discuss my strategies in terms of planning a fourth year schedule, doing an away rotation, filling out the ERAS application and getting letters of recommendation, accepting/going on interviews, and finally completing a rank list. I know that, many times along the way, I had a lot of questions. Luckily, I had people who I thought were able to give me reliable advice and accurate information. If I've learned one thing throughout my last four years in medical school, everyone has an opinion - and most times opinions are just that. So, over the next few days, I'll spend some time discussing each of these issues. If anyone out there reads this and would like to ask questions, please feel free to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Hey...thanks for the posts. I'm a junior ER doc and appreciated the ankle discussion.
    How did you go after this.? I hope all is well.
    Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete