Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hello World!

Hello.

I am a fourth year medical student at a school somewhere out there in the world. In less than two months, I will earn my medical degree from one of our nation's public medical schools and then go on to be an intern in orthopaedic surgery somewhere else out there in the world.

I decided to start this blog to chronicle my journey from medical school to residency training. Over the last four years, I have been lucky to have lots of people who were willing to give me advice and to assist me in making my dreams become a reality. I have heard many of those mentors say that it is important to give back. This will be an attempt to do that, to describe the journey that I have taken over the last few years and the strategies that I have used to match into orthopaedic surgery. In addition, I will chronicle my experiences over the next five years. Hopefully, as I learn the field of orthopaedic surgery, develop a knowledge base and a set of surgical skills, I will be able to pass some of that information on to someone else who is interested in becoming an orthopod or to propose some ideas that will help my colleagues in training. In addition, I hope that some other people from out there in the world will participate in the discussion. I learn something new every day and I hope that continues for the rest of my career and beyond.

I like to read med blogs. You will notice some links to some of my favorite blogs on this page in the near future. One thing that I have noticed is that there are not many (if any) blogs that are devoted to the subject of orthopaedic surgery. I hope to not only talk about my experiences, but to touch on the issues from time to time and to contribute something new and interesting to the discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment